September Breaks with Wood Leisure
This September, embrace the last of Summer at Wood Leisure……
1) Treat your dog to a holiday with the family that everyone will love
Our fabulous range of self-catering caravan holiday homes and lodges are pet friendly so nobody has to be left behind! What’s more, throughout September, dogs get their very own goody bag on arrival. With a variety of walks and trails on your doorstep for you and your dog to explore and rivers/streams to paddle in, we are sure their tails will be wagging!
- Explore the Cateran Trail in Perthshire with your furry friend
- Canines at the Castle on 9th September (Glamis Castle)
- The Dog lover show 8th & 9th September (SEC Centre Glasgow)
2) Step into your own little bit of luxury with a hot tub break
Saviour the last of the September sunshine and light nights bubbling away in your very own private hot tub. Our Signature and luxury hot tub ranges are available at Blairgowrie, Lomond Woods, Corriefodly and Deeside and have everything you need and more for your self-catering experience. If you choose to really put your feet up, be sure to check out all the fabulous restaurants and eating options close to our holiday parks!
- Deeside – Aberdeen Restaurant Week - 3rd – 9th September
- Blairgowrie - Dalmore Inn Restaraunt
- Lomond Woods - The Boat House
- Corriefodly – The Old Cross Inn
3) Get outdoors
As well as being enjoyable, we all know the real health benefits of getting outside! Scotland has a wide variety of outdoor pursuits to suit all abilities and preferences from a gentle stroll round Crathes Castle Gardens in Aberdeenshire to a more strenuous climb up Ben Lomond. Or take on one of the many famous golf courses located in close proximity to our holiday parks including Rosemount and Gleneagles in Perthshire or Royal Deeside and Trump International in Aberdeen. If you’re looking for a challenge, why not check out some of the competitive events close to our parks – remember, our hot tub accommodation is ideal for soothing those aching muscles!!
- The PIM Half Marathon - Crathes 15th September
- The Beast Race - Banchory 22nd September
- Duke Triathlon – Tigh More, Callander 16th September
- Great Scottish Run - Glasgow 29th & 30th September
4) Take a dip in Campsie Glen’s outdoor pool and hot tub
Our pool is open throughout September and October at Campsie Glen, the perfect opportunity to get a relaxed dip during your stay with us. Enjoy the scenic views of the Campsie Hills from the hot tub or make the most of the vast variety of visitor attractions only a short drive away.
- Stirling Castle
- The Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre
- The Falkirk Wheel
- Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park
5) Take in a local festival or event
Whether it be sampling local produce at food festivals or cheering on the competitors at the highland games, there’s still time to enjoy some great Scottish Events.
- Dundee Food & Flower Festival - 31st August -2nd September
- Braemar Highland Games - 1st September
- Blairgowrie Highland Games - 2nd September
- Pitlochry Highland Games - 8th September
- Callander Jazz and Blues Festival - 28th – 30th September
- Perth Racecourse Glorious Finale - 26th & 27th September
- Aberdeen True North Music Festival – 20th – 23rd September
- Perthshire Open Studios - 1st - 9th September